The Practice has an established PPG which meets about five times a year. Its aims are:
- To help the practice to improve services by
- Providing feedback from patients
- Improving communications between the practice and patients,
- Making ourselves aware of how the practice is managed, the challenges it faces and communicating this to the patients via the newsletters, leaflets, etc.
- Giving support to other patients, such as bereavement support,
- Offering other practical help to the Practice such as assisting in the completion of surveys.
(Please note that our role is to try to ensure that general concerns and questions are addressed and not to deal with individual complaints.)
- To help the practice as it is involved in imminent changes to the NHS by
- Taking part in the Patient Engagement Programme of the Birmingham and Solihull Clinical Commissioning Group,
- Making patients aware of the financial and other implications of the new system and how we can support the practice in achieving them.
- To provide information by
- Producing newsletters and operating a Facebook group, “Granton Medical Centre PPG”,
- Sending a regular email circulation to patients giving their email address to PPG officers,
- Ensuring patient information and advice is as user-friendly as possible,
- Representing our highly valued practice when patient voices are needed.
Chair: Ann Ellis: firstname.lastname@example.org 07790 648336
Vice-Chair: John Nightingale: email@example.com 07811 128831
Secretary: Andrew Nickson: R.A.Nickson@bham.ac.uk 07704 426977
Treasurer: Derek Grinter: firstname.lastname@example.org 07885 582459
There are currently another 18 members.
The PPG adheres to the Nolan Principles of Public Life: Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty and Leadership. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/the-7-principles-of-public-life